January 17, 2010

Pardon Me...

For 2 days i've been planning on making shepherd's pie for dinner. i've gathered the ingredients, even having to borrow some Grey Poupon from neighbor Beth, and tonight I finally dragged myself into the kitchen and made the meat and potato pie. It's surprisingly easy and it's usually the kind of thing I totally go for but tonight I just wasn't feeling ground beef tonight. I couldn't bring myself to eat my own dinner. Thankfully J and the kids liked it and ate happily away whilst i kept myself busy tidying up in the kitchen and of course facebooking, when low and behold Neighbor Elena has posted a picture of a scrumptious looking lasagna. After I comment on her drool enducing masterpiece she invites me down for dessert- cannolis, not usually my thing, but I grabbed big L as swiftly as possible and headed out the door.


I took a nice hunk of the shepherd's pie for Elena, Big L grabbed his Buzz Lightyear flashlight and we were off. I think L was a little uncomfortable in the dark because he insisted we hold hands the whole way to E's house. I SO relished holding his small, soft, warm little hand.


We got in the door at E's and I swear I didn't see L the rest of the time, he was lost with R in the playroom while E and I sat around the kitchen table. Mind you I hadn't eaten dinner yet and Elena's lasagna was calling my name.....she gave a little sliver and i was in heaven! I scarfed my piece down and demanded another. Husband schmusband. Gimme another piece of lasagna!! She then casually mentions that she painstakingly made the lasagna pasta from SCRATCH! Who does that??? Well, I don't care who does that, whoever it is, please let it be my neighbor who loves to share. And boy, does E love to share, i'm lucky with that one. Beth came over too and we all had fun sitting around the kitchen table together. I wish we did that sort of thing more often and that our relationship resembled more of the shit i see on tv and am brianwashed to believe is how life should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment