February 26, 2010
Book Club
I believe I am a true reader at heart but I also believe that a true reader at heart would wince at the mere suggestion. I do love to read. I do. But I go through LONG periods of times when I don't read anything at all but gossip blogs and facebook updates. And my last read may or may not have been The Devil Wears Prada . My read list may not inspire literary discussions but does that mean I can't be a true reader? Ok, yes, well- maybe. But it does NOT mean that I can't start my own book club. So, I've done just that. I started my own book club in hopes that it will broaden my horizons and make me read books outside of my norm. We're in month two now with a meeting scheduled for tonight. Hoping our third book pick will be inspirational. I need a good read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who says The Devil Wears Prada isn't an inspirational read? It inspired me to never aspire to a career in high fashion. Ha!
ReplyDeleteYou're a reader Ann, just own it. :) If you have doubts, let me share an actual response to my Book Club evite: "Saw the movie, wasn't impressed. Maybe next book?"
That person? Not a reader.